If you’re looking for advice or even unanswered questions about why you should service your boiler, then you are going to love this.
We service more than 100 central heating gas boilers every year.
So why is boiler servicing so important?
Let’s run through the basics of why and when you should service your boiler:
You Should Service Your Boiler Because
- An annual boiler service will maintain the safe operation of the system
- Any internal components that are damaged could emit carbon monoxide
- Here in the UK, we tend to get our boilers serviced during winter
A lot of homeowners in the UK prefer to have their systems serviced in the winter months. However, this is actually more expensive.
Consider having your boilers serviced in the summer. Some businesses that specialise in boiler servicing Milton Keynes may be able to offer you a reduce rate.
#1 Find Any Problems Sooner Rather Than Later
As with anything in your home, if there is a problem you are going to want to find it sooner rather that later – avoiding repair bills.
That is exactly the same thought process you should have for servicing your boiler.
When you service your boiler annually, you will have a better chance of:
- Identifying internal faults
- Saving money on repairs
It’s simple really. If you want to avoid a full replacement further down the line, then take the time to maintain your central heating gas boiler before its too late.
#2 Prevent a Full Installation and Save Money
A boiler installation in Milton Keynes, on average will cost between £1000 and £3000 depending on the size of the property.
Not many homeowners have enough money lying around ready to replace their heating system when it unexpectedly conks out.
Organise a service on your boiler to ensure that you do not have to pay for a full replacement.
A Gas Safe registered heating technician can only ever complete the servicing of your boiler, no matter which company or engineer you prefer to use.
#3 Could Save You Money on Energy Bills
Unfortunately, energy bills rise and fall like something out of The Walking Dead.
However, new heating systems are far more efficient than the older systems that can be found in properties built before 1999.
Despite these systems being relatively efficient, you can build on that through regular servicing.
Cleaning the internal components regularly allow them to perform better and use less energy. As a result, you may find that you are in fact saving money each month instead of spending more when you go to turn up the thermostat.
What Does a Service Actually Cover and Why?
If you do your research, you will find plenty of valid reasons behind getting a service on your boiler.
To help you out, we have provided you with this comprehensive list of boiler servicing advisories and statistics:
- A boiler service is designed to keep the components working safely
- Damaged or broken boilers release Carbon Monoxide which can be fatal
- We suggest that you have your system serviced every 12 months
So what happens when we service your boiler:
- A Gas safe registered engineer will check all of the controls
- They will then check for signs of corrosion and any leaks
- The outer casing will be removed and the internal parts cleaned
- The pressure of the gas in the property will be checked
- The operation of the boilers flue will be analysed
- On completion, you will receive a pass certificate
#4 Keeps Your Friends and Family Safe
As we mentioned above – a damaged boiler can release Carbon Monoxide.
Carbon Monoxide or CO as it is sometime referred to is a highly toxic gas and it can lead to fatalities in confined spaces.
When we service your boiler or any engineer does for that matter, they will check to ensure that there is no damaged pipework and that your system is not leaking CO.
If for whatever reason your system is deemed unsafe, you will need to go through the appropriate safety steps with your preferred servicing engineer.
However, there is no need to panic.
If you system is leaking, a boiler repair in Milton Keynes may be possible to prevent a full replacement.
#5 Priority – Maintain Your Warranty
If your boiler has not been correctly maintained, then your manufacturers guarantee/warranty be become invalid and stop you from receiving any benefits that come with it.
It’s important to maintain your warranty to:
- Save money on repairs
- Give you extra peace of mind
- Help with any future house sales (much more appealing)
Here is How You Can Book a Service
Finding an engineer to service your boiler couldn’t be easier.
If you live in the UK, the best way is to go directly to the Gas Safe website. Here you will be able to enter you postcode and they will provide you with a full list of fully qualified and registered engineers in your area.
Alternatively, you can search the Internet for a local gas engineer. The best way is to ask friends and family members for any recommendations before giving them a call.
When you do find an engineer remember to:
- Confirm a servicing price (when possible)
- Provide as much detail as you can (type of boiler, manufacturer, etc.)
- Confirm a time and date (anything outside of this could be a cowboy)
- Ask for proof of their Gas Safe registration
- Make them aware of any previous damages beforehand
Hopefully you have found this article useful. Everyone here at RA Heating aims to provide as much information as possible. If there is something that you are a little unsure of, we are more than happy to take your phone calls or questions.
Simply give us a call or send us an email through our website and a member of our boiler servicing team will be happy to help.